cause i have this thing in my head about the stuff that’s been happening and it won’t be great. It won’t lead the ADD spinnywheel of my mind to be coherent so in no particular order
- I am so flipping unamused by peoples shock and amazement that folks respond to other women/other black people/etc with vitriol UP the socio economic ladder on the internet. Yes some of it is internet thuggery , yes some of it is “harsh” BUT in communities that often have resources and safety allotted by your ability to speak to hegemonic principles to have them DO YOUR VIOLENCE for you against ” undesirable” members of your community as a forom of COMMUNITY management.So yes when presented with an anonymous/psuedonymous opportunity to vent what is often GENERATIONS of rage in collectives they were previously BANNED from forming, expect some rage . PEOPLE ARE HUMAN
- Don’t make art wanting to Give Voice to “unspoken” things and then be shocked when the unspoken use the voices they got THANK YOU VERY MUCH to be angry with you.
- I love daniellamartins piece a lot. I like it most cause it makes folks and me uncomfortable. I like it because frankly to many women love the idea of accepted respectability not as affirmation of beauty but as affirmation of their own slut shaming , resource hoarding and judgmental policing. That it’s about proving the things that hegemony inflicts on poor, hoodish, slutty women is okay because “good” ( and that can be Michelle Obama,Audre Lourder etc etc ) get rewarded by getting husbands,material goods, fame , peace of mind, transcendence of racism etc.
- Seriously. Seriously for folks who claim to LOVE LOVE LOVE ” good black culture” moos no NOTHINg about it. Josephine Baker danced naked at society parties and slept with women . Blues had verses that would make Janet Jacme run out of the room in tears they were so raunchy . Black women playing with sexuality way outside of ANYBODY’S concept of play is a cornerstone of creative culture. CORNERSTONE.
- What I keep failing t is my inner most rage at the idea that what any of the big feminists do as the proper “feminist” response. That in all of the yelling the idea that somehow they are what internet feminist response will be measured against is BAD , is HORRIFICALLY ATROCIOUSLY bad. That the idea of a NEW oligarchy having the power to smother discussions while STEALING from them is about a new concept of reality bending that LIVES OFF OPPRESSION but doesn’t fight it.
- When you construct politics around consumption, make no mistake you LIKE things that force specific consumption. No response to PIPA or SOPA because well as we know marginalized folks will always be on the wrong side so if it allows us to manage a system WHILE using their shit and allow them to be branded criminal if they point out they used their venues of circumventing oppression . BONUS
- If it ignores that this can be used to further rabuse, harass and expose the ONE THING THAT HAS MADE THINGS POSSIBLE FOR CROSS SOLIDARITY. Expectable modes of privacy or control … EHH.
- But let it f-up their possibility of using wiki to codify their EXPERTISE !!! OH HELL NO
- HUgo isn’t a sad stumble , he was AN INEVITABILITY . You have a group of women who treat this as their career launchpad at a moment where expanding the brand is a necessity. What expands the brand , not long term work which often requires ignoring trends and putting your head down but controversy, theatrics and PUBLICITY. A handsome man got is act right from feminism. WOHOOO . Don’t vet that don’t examine that SELL IT.
- And why the brand furthering ? Well cause to put it bluntly a good lot of em got left holding the bag. Remember when amanda pissed and bitched about who women need to be music writers and how it went away when she got jobs? Or how the media was a large multi conglomerate that they couldn’t be a part until Ripert Murdoch offered money . The schtick is old, the writers aren’t that great but the idea that a small band had their fingers on the pulse IS so what do you do KEEP REINVENTING THE PULSE .
- This stuff is the shit women of color go through with white women in professional VENUES ALL THE TIME . It’s written off as cattiness because that makes hegemony COMFORTABLE. But let us be really awesomely FANTSTICALLY clear here . Jill had in her comments young women talking bout feeling COERCED , at risk and UNSAFE around a PREDATOR. She ignores them she lumps them in with her usual persecutors ( BIG OLE MEAN WOMEN OF COLOR) and behind closed doors with other white women she is complacent and ACTIVE in figuring out a way to DISAPPEAR the complaints as a way of her royal virtue.
- These are the suffragists who heard raped slaves and servants screaming in the background and made sure to chant louder so as not to distract from there march.
- #Betty Davis
- #Michelle Obama
- Nawww homie you don’t get to fetishize their skill and then try and denounce it of it’s power
- I am adding to my list of things to master the booty clap and the arpeggioing while booty clapping
Okay now i think its out
“Hugo isn’t a sad stumble, he was AN INEVITABILITY” is a point that NEEDS NOT TO BE MISSED. And it can’t be missed if one looks at another of your points:
“These are the suffragists who heard raped slaves and servants screaming in the background and made sure to chant louder so as not to distract from there march.”
Center THAT, and all the stuff I keep getting told “doesn’t make sense,” does. It makes all the sense in the world.
- foodieamazon likes this
- treatyoselfartie likes this
- king-wicked likes this
- so-treu likes this
- 1eterel likes this
- perversetoamiracle likes this
- sassmadness likes this
- james-bliss likes this
- drasticallydifferent likes this
- makeitthroughthis likes this
- sunhawk reblogged this from fucknohugoschwyzer
- lavenderlines likes this
- daniellemertina likes this
- desliz reblogged this from fucknohugoschwyzer
- eshusplayground likes this
- savannahstreethassle likes this
- annaham likes this
- pastthestorm likes this
- notime4yourshit likes this
- thempress reblogged this from fourzoas
- thempress likes this
- nanettekelley reblogged this from blackamazon
- sexartandpolitics likes this
- luckythinks91 reblogged this from fourzoas
- brownnipplebraggadocio likes this
- fourzoas reblogged this from karnythia
- kenyanabstract likes this
- karnythia reblogged this from blackamazon
- blackamazon posted this